Sole F80 Treadmill Review – The Best Treadmill Under 1500?
This Sole F80 Treadmill Review takes a closer look at the Sole F80 treadmill which has earned a reputation for being a solidly built and high quality treadmill while at the same time being one of the best buys in its price range.
The Sole F80 boasts a MSRP of $2,099.00 on the Sole website and $1,999.99 on Amazon. Either way it doesn’t matter much because you can get these treadmills on sale for $1,499.99 at either site with free shipping.
Sole Treadmills have been marketed very aggressively and are widely available online and at many brick and mortar sporting goods stores.
Sole F80 Treadmill Review: Sole F80 Overview
The Sole F80 treadmill was designed to target moderate to athletic runners who need a machine that is powerful enough to deliver an intense and challenging workout and don’t want to break the bank doing it.
The Sole F80 has a heavy-duty 3.0 CHP and flywheel to provide smooth vibration free power to the belt just like you get at the gym. It has a large 20″ x 60″ running area and Sole’s Cushion Flex deck, designed to greatly reduce impact and joint stress.
The space-saving, folding design of Sole F80 Treadmill came into being serving the demanding hotel industry where a treadmill needed to be able to move from room to room like a food cart. This gives you the flexibility you need in your home or apartment.
Sole F80 Treadmill Review: Sole F80 Specifications
- F80 Motor: 3.0 HP Continuous Duty, DC type
- Speed: 0.5 to 12 mph
- Incline: 0-15% , rack and pinion gear design
- F80 Treadmill Weight: 250 lbs.
- Deck Size: 33 X 80
- Cushion Flex Shock Absorption Whisper Deck
- Cooling Fans: Yes
- Running Surface: 20″ X 60″
- Maximum User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Belt: Double Woven 2 Ply
- Rollers: 2 3/4 inches
- Folding: Yes, with the Easy Assist folding feature
- Hand Pulse Grips: Yes, and arm rest speed/incline controls
- Heart Rate Control: Yes with wireless chest strap included
- Display Color: Backlit Blue LCD
- Message Window: Yes – Scrolling Information
- Exercise Programs: 6 Standard Programs, 2 User Defined Programs, 2 Heart Rate Programs
- Warranty: Lifetime on frame, motor and deck, 5 years on parts and electronics, 2 years on labor
- Residential Warranty: All service is performed In-Home
Sole F80 Treadmill Review: Pros
Here are some of the things that Sole F80 users liked about this treadmill:
- Easy to assemble – The Sole F80 comes well packaged and preassembled for the most part and generally users were able to finish assembling it in an hour or less. The box is big and the unit is heavy (part of why it’s so stable) so get a helper if you can.
- Quiet – Users say the machine is quiet even at higher speeds.
- Well built, sturdy, no shaking or vibration. This is a very solid stable machine according to users.
- Large running deck – Sole F80 owners liked the large 20″ x 60″ running area. Even tall individuals said there was plenty of room to run.
- Cushion Flex Shock Absorption – Soft deck is very easy on the joints.
- Quick push button access to elevation and speed controls on the hand rails was another popular feature.
- Heart rate chest strap – F80 owners liked using the included chest strap to monitor heart rate. They found it more accurate and more convenient
- Hydraulic lift assist was something buyers commented on because it allows for slow, safe and controlled unfolding.
Sole F80 Treadmill Review: Cons
No treadmill is perfect and there were some issues that came up repeatedly from Sole F80 treadmill buyers.
- Many users felt the water bottle holder was placed too low.
- Generally most users felt the fans were pretty ineffective.
- Some said the audio quality could be better.
These are minor features that shouldn’t be a deal breaker and are easy to remedy and really don’t detract from what a treadmill is designed to do.
On the other hand a fair number of Sole F80 treadmill reviews said the Sole 80 was slow changing speeds. There seems to be some disagreement on how slow. Some say unacceptably slow while others say it’s really not that noticeable. What I suspect is this problem may be caused more by improper belt tension than anything else.
Finally there was a group of very negative Sole F80 treadmill reviews on Amazon that contradict the general consensus on this treadmill. These reviews claim the treadmill is unstable and shaky and breaks a lot. I suspect that some of these reviews were paid for by Sole’s competitors and some were possibly lemons which unfortunately can happen with even the best machines. Consumer Reports rated the 2010 model very highly but did not rate the 2011 model. Also considering there are so many satisfied users this seems an anomaly.
What Sole 80 Users Are Saying
“Excellent piece of exercise equipment. The F80’s core purpose is a treadmill for exercise, and as a pure treadmill, it’s 5 stars.”
“Sole F80, an AWESOME machine!Summary: This is 5-star Plus, awesome machine! Easy assembly. No adjustments, ready to run right out of the box. Much better than some health club machines and as good as most. Quiet, very little vibration through our floor. Heavy! This is NOT a negative.”
Sole F80 Treadmill Review: Summary
The Sole F80 treadmill is a solid treadmill and good value that is backed by an excellent warranty. If you are looking for a treadmill that delivers a good workout you will be happy with the Sole 80.
If you want a treadmill with a lot of bells and whistles this machine isn’t for you, but get ready to spend more money for one of them.
The Sole F80 may not be the best treadmill in the world but at $1500 it is not reasonable to expect it to be a $3500 commercial treadmill. I think it’s the best deal you will find and gives the biggest bang for your buck.
When it comes right down to it it’s the mechanics and components that make a good treadmill. It’s better to put your money there than on a lot of extra stuff that really doesn’t do that much to enhance your workout.
Summing up the Sole F80 Treadmill Review in a nutshell: Despite some minor glitches we feel the Sole F80 is one of the best values in this price range and delivers on its promises.
Our Recommendation: We would recommend buying the Sole 80 Treadmill
Finally, we hope our Sole F80 Treadmill Review has helped you make an informed decision about buying the Sole F80 Treadmill.