Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review – Is It The Best Treadmill Under 1000?
Read our Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review and find out if the Smooth 5.65 Treadmill really is the best treadmill under 1000.
Smooth Fitness has specialized in treadmills and elliptical machines since 1996. They are known for the great designs and affordable prices of Smooth Fitness equipment. It appears they have really stepped up to the plate with the Smooth 5.65 Treadmill.
The Smooth 5.65 Treadmill lists for $1999 on Amazon and on the Smooth Fitness site. Everyone buys treadmills on sale or at least they should and I doubt anyone ever paid that much. Currently the Smooth 5.65 Folding Treadmill cost $999 and you can get free shipping.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Overview
The Smooth 5.65 Treadmill is a value packed compact folding treadmill. The Smooth 5.65 offers the best treadmill warranty in its price range. It also offers the most powerful motor at 2.75 CHP to keep up with even the most demanding workouts.
The Smooth 5.65 offers up to 15% incline and speeds to 10 mph which you can quickly change with a push of a button. Add to that an easy to read LCD display with 3 window LED readout, 12 speed and incline programs, a cushioning system to go easy on knees, a built-in sound system and fan and more and the Smooth 5.65 Folding Treadmill really delivers a lot of bang for the buck.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Offers The Strongest Warranty In Its Class
One of the things that sets the Smooth 5.65 apart is its warranty. This is by far the strongest warranty in its price class and equals or exceeds warranties offered on machines costing twice as much. There is a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame. There is a 5 year warranty on parts and 2 years on labor.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Offers A Larger 2.75 CHP Motor
If you are going to read any part of our Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review at all, please read this one. The Smooth 5.65 offers a 2.75 CHP motor which is the largest size offered at this price. One big problem with cheap treadmills is that they are underpowered and do not last. Now an extra .25 or .5 horsepower may not seem like a lot but it can make the difference between a machine that lasts for years and one that quickly becomes a smoldering pile of junk.
- Motor: 2.75 CHP (Continuous Duty)
- Display: 3 Window LED w/ LCD Dot Matrix
- Speed: 0 -10 MPH
- Incline levels: 0 -15%
- Belt size: 20″ x 55″
- Roller Size: 2″
- Dimensions: 75″ L x 33″ W x 52″
- Treadmill Weight: 185 pounds
- Maximum weight capacity: To 300 lbs
- Frame: Folding with gas shock assisted lift
- Warranty: Lifetime frame and motor, 5 years parts, 2 year labor
Watch The Smooth 5.65 Folding Treadmill In Action
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review – The Features
The Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review earned a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon based on 89 reviews. Many of the reviewers had owned other brands and had used this treadmill for some time before reviewing it. Phrases like: couldn’t be happier, no regrets, great deal, and awesome treadmill appear repeatedly throughout most of the reviews. Clearly this is an excellent product that people are happy with. Here are some of the Smooth 5.65 features that make it so well received by consumers.
- The Warranty – The strong warranty was a major reason many folks purchased the Smooth 5.65 over other brands.
- Easy To Assemble – The Smooth 5.65 was easy to assemble taking only 30 to 60 minutes
- Easy To Fold – The Smooth 5.65 Folding Treadmill is easy to fold and has built=in wheels to make it easy to move. Gas assisted pistons prevent hard drops when lowering the treadmill from a folded position and users liked this safety feature
- Very Stable – The Smooth 5.65 is very solid and stable and does not shake or vibrate even when running.
- Very Quiet – Users say this Smooth treadmill is very quiet
- Hand Rail Buttons – The incline and speed buttons are conveniently located on the side arms making it easy to make adjustments on the fly. Users thought this was a great feature. Incline and speed are also adjustable from the console. You can also monitor your heart rate from the hand rails.
- Console – The display is functional but not flashy and all the information is easy to read. The LED Dot Matrix display monitors your time, distance, heart rate, calories, speed, and incline. The console is streamlined and at a lower angle than most making it easy to set a magazine or other items on.
- Exercise Programs – The Smooth Fitness 5.65 includes lots of variety with 14 challenging fitness workout programs, included is a manual program that lets you determine the pace and intensity, and 13 speed/incline combo programs you can use to modify these.
- Roomy Running Belt – The 55″ x 20″ belt offers lots of room for running and jogging and provides good cushioning.
- Sound System – The Smooth 5.65 treadmill comes with built-in speakers and input for iPod or MP3 player.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review – The Pros
We found a lot to like about this Smooth treadmill while doing our Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review. Notably the Smooth 5.65 offers the largest motor and best warranty you can find at this price. The machine is quiet and stable and has a large running area. The machine has a simple easy to use layout. Based on reviews from users who have had it for a while the Smooth Fitness 5.65 Treadmill is reliable and can stand up to heavy use.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review – What Buyers Say About The Smooth 5.65
“I’ve used super-high-end, expensive treadmills in gyms before, but I get the same result in the same time from my Smooth Fitness, and it didn’t break the bank.”
“Overall, this treadmill is the equivalent to using a treadmill at the gym for us. It’s that high quality.”
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review – The Cons
There’s really not much to complain about here, especially at this price. Users have said the fan is pretty wimpy on this treadmill. The sound system is not the best according to some. Neither of these items should be a big concern at this price. You can always add a fan and the machine is quiet enough that you can use your home sound system while working out if you are an audiophile.
Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review Summary
The Smooth 5.65 Treadmill is a solidly built exercise treadmill that offers great value. It’s not perfect and doesn’t have some of the bells and whistles of more expensive state of the art treadmills, but despite its overall simplicity it definitely gets the job done.
Based on our Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review we would definitely recommend buying the Smooth 5.65 Folding Treadmill. We don’t think you can find a better treadmill at this price point.
We hope our Smooth 5.65 Treadmill Review has helped you to make an informed buying decision on the Smooth 5.65 Treadmill.