ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review
Find Out If The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Is The Best Treadmill Under 500
The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review takes a closer look at the ProForm 6.0 ZT treadmill to see how it measures up on performance and quality.
Sale On Treadmills recently looked at treadmills for under 500 and out of five models on the market the ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill seemed to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
The ProForm 6.0 ZT is priced right at the 500 dollar mark. Most treadmills priced under 500 dollars seemed cheaply made or severely lacking in features.
The first thing that stands out about the ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill is that it has many features that are commonly only found in more expensive treadmills. With so many brands cutting corners at this price point we must admit to being skeptical, hence this ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review was sort of a witch hunt at first.
ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Features
The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill weighs a beefy 152 pounds and measures 69.4 x 32 x 53.7 inches fully extended. It is designed for weights up to 250 pounds.
- Five-year warranty on the motor and 90 days on parts and labor
- 2.5 CHP motor – the largest of any treadmill under 500
- Cooling fan built into the console
- The ProForm 6.0 ZT folds up to save space
- EKG Heart Rate Monitor built into handlebars
- 0 – 10 % incline and 0 – 10 mph speed adjustment with the push of a button
- 18″ x 50″ belt – the largest of any available in this price range
- ProTech Cushioning deck designed to reduces impact on your joints by 15 percent
- The ProForm 6.0 ZT comes with 6 preprogrammed workouts – 3 for weight loss and 3 for performance
ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review – The Pros
The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill is a solid well-built machine that delivers good value for the price. It certainly is superior to anything else in its class, offering the best motor and overall warranty.
The cooling fan is a nice touch and so are the included workouts which the ProForm 6.0 ZT automatically adjust to during use. Being able to adjust the incline by pushing a button is also a nice feature. Many of the other treadmills we looked at in this class either had no incline or had to be set manually. Some that did have incline offered less than 10%. Some of the other treadmills under 500 did not reach speeds of 10 mph.
ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review – The Cons
There were two things we would like to have seen included in the ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill.
- The manufacturer states “The Blue-Tinted Display tracks your speed, time, distance, incline and calories burned so you can monitor your progress throughout your workout.” What this means is that there is no lighting in the console so under some conditions the readout could be difficult to see.
- The walking area is a bit undersized at 18 x 50 inches. It is larger than any of the other treadmills being offered for under 500 but we do have concerns about the smaller size. Generally for running it is recommended to have a tread length of at least 52 inches.
Should You Buy The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill?
The answer really depends on your level of fitness. ProForm clearly says “this motor is perfect for moderate workouts.” So we believe them. The ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill should be fine for folks who want to start a daily exercise routine, burn some calories and get in shape. If you are a serious athlete who does a lot of running this machine will probably not be your best choice because of the shorter deck and the added strain to the treadmill.
ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review Conclusions
Our Recommendation: Basic Training And Exercise Needs – Buy It
Advanced Training And Exercise Needs – Best To Pass
We hope our ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill Review has helped you to make an informed buying decision about the ProForm 6.0 ZT Treadmill.