LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill – Best Treadmill Under 1000?
The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is probably the best selling treadmill on Amazon. It has received rave customer reviews and earned a 4.4 out of 5 star rating.
We thought it would definitely be worth a closer look to see what all the fuss was about, especially considering that $1,000 is still a relatively cheap price to pay and expect a quality exercise treadmill.
The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill has a list price of $1,499.99 but currently you can pick up one of these treadmills on sale for $999.00 with free shipping on Amazon and other online stores.
- Motor: 2.5-horsepower continuous-duty DC
- Belt: 2 ply – size: 20 by 56 inches
- Incline motor: 800-pounds maximum lift
- Rollers: 2.5 inches (front), 2 inches (rear)
- Speed: 0.5 to 11 miles per hour
- Incline: 15 levels
- Deck suspension: 6 variable-density elastomers
- Deck: 3/4-inch phenolic
- Folding system: EZ Drop
- Side rails: non-slip plastic
- Full dimensions: 33 by 54 by 70 inches (W x H x D)
- Folded dimensions: 39 by 66 by 33 inches
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Treadmill weight: 204 pounds
- Warranty: Lifetime on frame and motor, 3 years on parts, 1 year on labor
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill Overview
The LifeSpan TR1200i folding treadmill is sturdy and reliable and comes loaded with many features to help you get the most out of your exercise program. It includes weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate exercise programs as well as the ability to customize and create your own.
The Lifespan TR1200i has a 2.5 continuous horsepower motor designed to get you through the toughest workouts and 2.5-inch front rollers to keep the belt running smoothly. The treadbelt itself provides a roomy 20-by-56-inch running area which is perfect for running and jogging. The treadmill’s deck suspension will help absorb shock and reduce impact to protect knees and joints.
This fitness treadmill offers an easy to read console and convenient and safe handlebar controls for speed and incline so you wont lose your concentration or balance while working out. Other safety features include a countdown at start-up and a gradual slowing of the belt when stopping.
You can track your workouts easily because the Lifespan TR1200i treadmill automatically saves your exercise data to an included USB storage device. You also get a membership to the LifeSpan Fitness Club where you can then upload it and get access to exercise programs and detailed reports showing your results and progress.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Features
The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill offers a lot of good features. Here are some that we looked at and that LifeSpan 1200i users deemed the most important.
- Very sturdy, well-built – Lifespan TR1200i users continually mentioned how stable this unit is particularly when compared to other treadmills they had used. They say the console and handlebars do not vibrate even while running and the machine does a good job of absorbing the impact
- Folds easily – The Lifespan 1200i folds and unfolds easily according to users. It has built-in wheels that make it fairly easy to move from one room to another.
- Easy To Assemble – Hate putting things together? This treadmill is for you then. It comes assembled for the most part. Only the console and handlebars need to be attached and most users reported having it assembled in under an hour.
- Buttons on the rails – Users commented that they liked having the speed and incline buttons on the rails so they could easily change settings without reaching for the console. Actually this treadmill also has these buttons on the console as well.
- Treadmill layout – LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill users liked the layout of this treadmill. The console depicts the information very clearly and is easy to read. This treadmill has a well thought out layout and design and is easy to use. It is simple yet effective.
- Large Running Area – Plenty of room for jogging and running and the handlebars are spread far enough apart so they don’t interfere with your arm movement.
- Extremely quiet – Users continually commented on how quiet the motor and the belt were compared to other machines they had used.
- Strong warranty – The lifetime warranty on motor and frame was a big selling point. You also have 3 years on parts and a year on labor which makes this a strong warranty for this or any treadmill.
- Technology and LifeSpan Fitness Club membership – Users liked the USB for storing workout information and being able to access the LifeSpan fitness club. Many saw it as a way to improve performance and accountability. Here’s a video that explains more about the LifeSpan Fitness Club and how it can help you reach your fitness goals.
- Varied workouts – They also liked the way the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill structured its workouts with categories for weight loss, healthy living, sports training user customized and heart control. There are 17 preprogrammed workouts each with 20 segments plus two custom and heart control. Each treadmill workout offers 3 intensity levels.
- Other Features – The addition of a step counter or built-in pedometer was also popular. The lifespan fitness tr1200i also includes speakers and is iPod and MP3 compatible. Speaker and sound quality was rated as pretty good overall.
- Good Value – People who bought the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill all felt they had received good value for their money. In fact many said that the Lifespan TR 1200i exceeded their expectations and over delivered.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Cons
Well nothing is perfect, including the LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill. There were several minor issues reported by users. Several buyers commented that the plastic used for the console and motor hood was a bit on the flimsy side.
The most common problem seemed to be an issue with the holes for one of the handlebars aligning correctly, which made inserting the bolt difficult, but everyone still managed to put the treadmill together.
The one obvious thing that we would have like to have seen was a fan included in the design but even this is not a major problem and certainly not a deal breaker. If you really need a fan you can come up with an inexpensive external fan quite easily.
Our only problem with the LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill is the 2.5 CHP motor which we still think is on the small side for heavy workouts. We recommend 2.75 CHP as the minimum for heavy continued use.
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill Summary
In a nutshell the LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill is one of the best treadmills under 1000 on the market. It’s not perfect but it delivers big on value and will provide years of reliable service. We would have rated the LifeSpan TR1200i higher were it not for concerns about motor horsepower.
As one customer said, “By far and away the best made and value available today. Great life time warranty on the motor. all the parts are quality. Great speed selection from turtle slow to long distance fast. Easy to raise and lower (gas piston assist). I can not think of anything to change. In this price range, this is the one you want.Exceeded all expectations. “
Our Recommendation: We definitely recommend the The LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill.